OaSIS Women's Ministry at Monroeville Assembly of God
Monroeville Assembly’s OaSIS Women's Ministry exists to equip, support, and connect women into a community.
Thereby, empowering them to walk in the abundant life God desires for them.
OaSIS Women's Ministry Groups
Tuesday PM Bible Study
Where: Fellowship Hall
When: 6:30 - 8:00 pm.
Our Bible study will be Trustworthy, by Lysa TerKeurst. Through this study of 1 and 2 Kings we'll learn to:
Loosen our grip of trying to control people and circumstances by taking steps to truly rely on God.
We'll identify trust issues with God and how to overcome them.
Find relief from fear or doubt about how things wlll turn out, using 10 spiritual truths.
Wednesday AM Bible Study
Where: Fellowship Hall
When: February 3rd, 2021 from 9:30am - 11:30am
Our Bible Study will be Chasing Vines, by Beth Moore. Finding our way to an immensely fruitful life.
God wants us to flourish. In fact, he delights in our flourishing. Life isn’t always fun, but in Christ it can always be fruitful.
In Chasing Vines, Beth shows us from Scripture how all of life’s concerns—the delights and the trials—matter to God. He uses all of it to help us flourish and be fruitful. Nothing is for nothing. Looking through the lens of Christ’s transforming teaching on the vine and branches in John 15, Beth gives us a panoramic view of biblical teachings on the vine, vineyards, vine dressing, and fruitfulness.
Join Beth on a journey of vine chasing all over the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, to discover why fruitfulness is so important to God—and how He can use anything that happens to us for His glory and for our flourishing.
Know this: Your life matters, and it can be immensely fruitful. Let’s start chasing some vines.
Mothers in Touch
Being a mom is hard!
Having other moms for encouragement and support can make all the difference.
MITS- Mother’s In Touch – is a small group of moms that meets weekly to talk, share prayer needs, and study topics related to parenting and being women of God.
When: Every Tuesday: 10:00am-12:00pm
SOME OF THE SIGNS of an abusive relationship include a partner who: (Provided by the hotline.org)
- Tells you that you can never do anything right
- Shows extreme jealousy of your friends and time spent away
- Keeps you or discourages you from seeing friends or family members
- Insults, demeans or shames you with put-downs
- Controls every penny spent in the household
- Takes your money or refuses to give you money for necessary expenses
- Looks at you or acts in ways that scare you
- Controls who you see, where you go, or what you do
- Prevents you from making your own decisions
- Tells you that you are a bad parent or threatens to harm or take away your children
- Prevents you from working or attending school
- Destroys your property or threatens to hurt or kill your pets
- Intimidates you with guns, knives or other weapons
- Pressures you to have sex when you don’t want to or do things sexually you’re not comfortable with
- Pressures you to use drugs or alcohol
If you are being abused and need help, carefully contact one of the following organizations to create a safe exit plan
If you afraid or in immediate danger call 911
NATIONAL DOMESTIC HOTLINES:
- National Domestic Violence hotline 1-800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assualt Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- Teen Dating Violence Hotline 1-866-331-9474 or text “lovers” to 22522
COUNTY DOMESTIC HOTLINES:
- Westmoreland 1-800-753-8827
- Allegheny 1800-932-0313
- Armstrong 1-800-841-8881
- Beaver 1-877-629-1841
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SHELTERS:
- Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- 24/hr Hotline 412-687-8005
FIND DOMESTIC SHELTER NEW YOU
Meet our Women's Ministry Pastor
Pastor Tammy has a heart for wounded and broken women and desires to lead them to healing and wholeness. God has given her a ministry verse from Isaiah 61:1…. The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because He has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.
If you have further questions concerning our OaSIS Women's Ministry, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!